Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Toshiba 40RV525R Great tv and value for the price!

I bought this television at best buy a few weeks ago, and I am incredibly happy with it. As stated by other reviewers, this is a SOLID entry level hdtv with only minor drawbacks.

Picture Quality: is GREAT. Those with INCREDIBLY picky eyes will be the ones that sit there and analyze each pixel, but the bottom line is this is a 1080p television and the blu-rays and video games I play through my PS3 (playstation 3) look fantastic. Absolutely can't beat the quality for the price!!

Sound Quality: this is where the tv gets shaky. the sound isn't great, just average. A different reviewer said that flat televisions don't become flat by getting large speakers, very true. you'll want to buy some sort of speaker system to go with the television to get that true theater experience. PERSONALLY, I just use the tv in my 10x12 room so the sound is adequate for me, but i'm still thinking of getting speakers.

Features: the tv has great black levels and colors. you will want to do alot of tweeking right out of the box because all of the factory levels are set so high. Once you get the tv to a good spot, just sit back and enjoy looking at all the cracks and crevices on people's faces. there are some features that I don't think do much, like "game mode" specifically, but they are nice to have.

OVERALL: If this is your first foray into the HDTV world, like it was for me, I would HIGHLY recommend this television. This is especially recommended for those of us on a budget, but wanting to make the move to HD.

No comments:

Post a Comment