Sunday, October 4, 2009

Toshiba 40RV525R Excellent TV, good price

I recently purchased this TV from another source (I would have bought it here on Amazon but I got a better financing deal through a chain store's website, not BB).

I actually purchased this one and the 32" model. We are moving and I needed a larger HDTV for my living room to replace a 32" Olevea. I also own a Sony 46" so please don't think I am just doing my comparison to the Olevea. This Toshiba 40" unit is great. First of all, space wise, it takes up little footprint aside from the actual screen space. Some TV's have a huge area to the left and right for speakers or just by design that don't allow for such a fantastic screen size in such a small fitting. My cabinet just barely fits this TV with about a half inch max to spare on either side, which is exactly what I wanted. So I have hooked it up with DirecTV, Xbox360, PS3, and an HD-DVD player and it looks fantastic on everything. What I noticed was the blacks are black first of all. So often you don't really get black, you get a hazy gray. But this is black where black is on the screen. Everything is sharp and fantastic.

I am a guy who watches the news all day while working and grinds away at videogames in my free time. So I stare at screens a lot, and this one is a winner. I tested it with PS3's Killzone and WOW! I also played a couple hours of Fallout3 Mothership Zeta and it looked significantly better than play earlier in the day on the Olevea (or play in the other room on the Sony 46") Unfortunately, this one is going to end up in my living room and not the office area where I work when I move, so I wont be using it as much as the Sony (which is finding its way into the office/den). But when I play the PS3, wii, 360, or watch an HD-DVD, bluray, or upscaled DVD, along with DirecTV HD programming and FIOS HD programming as soon as I can get it again (I'm moving out of FIOS territory and it won't be available there until Jan 2010), I am in for a real treat. Family night will never look so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment